Back to Courses
EQ103SA Advanced Equine Bodywork Level I
Take your equine bodywork to the next level. There are so many tools to go into your toolbox; you’ll never stop adding to it once you start this journey. Learn different approaches to assessment and addressing soft tissue restrictions using advanced equine bodywork/soft tissue mobilization (STM) techniques, including sports massage, stretching, mobilization and muscle activation techniques.
This 5-day, 50-hourcourse (115+ total hours with required externship) is designed for students who have successfully completed the Equinology® Equine Body Worker(EEBW) Certification Course or a comparable equine sports massage program with a strong anatomy background* of 300+ hours.
Students attend class for five consecutive days from 8 am to 5 pm daily, and have an additional two hours of evening studies. Thirty minutes are allowed for lunch.
- Following on from EEBW certification course: anatomy of additional muscles and bony landmarks
- New precise points for advanced sports massage and equine body work techniques
- Advanced STM, muscle activation, origin-to-insertion and muscle release techniques
- Advanced STM technique: using the tennis ball
- Advanced cross fiber massage techniques
- Advanced techniques to address the temporomandibular joint
- Advanced technique: sinus drain
- Isolating and addressing the thoracic and pelvic limb muscles with advanced techniques
- Advanced stretching/joint range of motion mechanics for the thoracic and pelvic limbs
- Advanced techniques to address the paraspinal musculature
- Addressing the broad sacral tuberous ligament in combination with paraspinal and gluteal muscles
- Introduction to myofascial release techniques
- Introduction to spinal mobilization techniques
- Introduction to core muscle activation techniques and stabilization exercises
- Review: gait evaluation
- Case study discussions
- Anatomy practical: muscle and point label session
- Clinical Reasoning Practical: Assessment, Discussion, Application of Techniques, Re-evaluation
Cost: Includes EQ103 Workbook, supplies and handouts.
*Prerequisite: Completion of EEBW Certification course (EQ 100, 101 or 102). It is not necessary for the EEBW student to have completed the EEBW certification externship prior to attending this course. Alternatively, successful completion of an equine sports massage program with hours and content comparable to the Equinology Equine Body Worker certification course, covering the major muscles and points. Students coming in from other programs must challenge the EEBW Certification Course prior to registering for the Advanced Equine Bodywork Level I course. There is an administrative fee of $100.00 for this challenge, which covers the review of a submitted video of a sports massage, stretching and soft tissue release session. Students are required to demonstrate the ability to identify at least75% of the muscles used in the EEBW certification course. Contact the Equinology course office for a list of these muscles.
Required Reading: Please review your Equine Body Worker ® Certification Course manual.
Suggested Reading: Same as the Equine Body Worker ® Certification Course.
This course is required for completion of the Equinology ® Equine Body Worker Level II certification.
If you continue to one of the next progressive certification level, it is also required for the MEEBW certification.
For the certification outline, please click here: